All-on-4 Dentures Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Completely Restore Your Smile & Oral Health
Every patient who comes to Klein Family Dentistry has a uniquely beautiful smile, and they deserve treatment plans that are customized to their individual needs and treatment goals. For those who have experienced advanced tooth loss, we are happy to provide a number of treatment options, including traditional removable and implant retained dentures and the innovative All-on-4 denture. If you’re ready to find out more about your tooth replacement options, call our Harrisburg dental office today. One of our team members will be happy to answer your questions and schedule a tooth replacement consultation for you to visit our team.
What is All-on-4?
All-on-4 dentures are an innovative way to replace a full row of teeth using precisely positioned implant posts to make the most of your existing supportive structures to retain your full denture without the need for invasive tissue grafts in most cases. This means that more people than ever before are able to enjoy a flawlessly functioning implant supported denture.
How Does All-on-4 Work?
All-on-4 dentures are different from traditional implant dentures because of the unique positioning of the dental implants. In most cases, implants are positioned vertically into the jawbone along the gum line to provide support for the whole denture. The All-on-4 method utilizes the naturally denser portion of the jawbone in the front of the mouth to provide support for the whole denture. Two of the implants are positioned vertically to support the front of the denture. Then, two are placed diagonally supporting the back of the denture but implanting into the front of the mouth.
Who Should Consider All-on-4?
At Klein Family Dentistry, we don’t believe in one-size-fits-all dental treatment options, but All-on-4 dentures are a great solution for many people who have lost all of their teeth. Some of the characteristics that would make a person an ideal candidate for All-on-4 dentures include:
- Those who are in relatively good health – no serious immune-suppressing illnesses that may hamper the ability to safely receive All-on-4 surgery.
- Those who have worked with a physician and our team to adjust any medications before beginning the implant tooth replacement plan.
- Those who have no past negative experiences with surgical procedures or anesthesia.
- Those who are in good oral health.
- Those who have the time and financial stability to complete the process.
What are the Benefits of All-on-4 Dentures?
There are many benefits of All-on-4 dentures, including:
- A faster treatment and shorter healing time due to the less invasive dental implant placement process.
- Most patients can receive All-on-4 dentures without the need for invasive tissue grafts prior to treatment.
- Traditional dentures only replace about 20% of chewing function, but an implant denture can renew 70% or more, allowing you to consume numerous foods.
- All-on-4 dentures have success rates in the high 90’s after twenty years. Traditional dentures need to be replaced every five to ten years.